Current Job Openings at GMU
GMU Geotechnical is seeking Staff to Project Engineers:
- Staff Geotechnical/Pavement Engineers: Minimum BSCE. MSCE a Plus. 0-2 years experience. For recent grads – internship experience a plus.
- Project Geotechnical Engineers: Minimum MSCE with 2-4 years experience required.
- All applicants should possess strong written and oral communication skills. All positions are full time and include comprehensive benefits as well as retirement and profit sharing plans.
GMU Geotechnical is seeking a Staff or Project Geologist with a minimum of 3 years of experience and strong field skills.
- Position is primarily field-oriented, with emphasis on engineering geology and geotechnical engineering applied over a diverse range of construction projects.
- Interested applicants should upload their resume using the form below or e-mail directly to email@example.com
GMU is actively seeking entry-level to senior-level geotechnical engineering technicians.
- Entry-level applicants: 1-2 years experience in the geotechnical industry a plus but not required. Must possess strong math and communication skills.
- Senior-level positions: A minimum of 5 years of strong experience required. Caltrans and/or special inspection certifications a plus.
- Entry- to staff-level geologists are also encouraged to apply.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should upload their resume to the form below or e-mail directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of course GMU is looking for motivated, talented staff. We have career paths and positions opening all of the time. If you have a resume and a talent, upload your resume below.
Pavement Staff Engineer
- GMU’s Pavement Engineering department is growing and is in need of a Pavement Staff Engineer. This position involves staff-level pavement engineering responsibilities. Types of projects range from private HOA projects to large public works infrastructure improvement projects. GMU offers a highly competitive salary & bonus package and a flexible family-like atmosphere. The individual will be assisting with projects or tasks including the following:
- Pavement condition index (PCI) surveys
- Field data collection
- Field materials sampling and testing
- Field explorations, including logging data and collecting samples during pavement corings
- Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD) testing
- Pavement report preparation
- 0-2 years of experience required
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) preferred
- BSc in Civil Engineering required, pavement course work or MSc (Pavement) preferred
- Clean driving record
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat desired
- Experience in AutoCAD, pavement management plan software (Paver and Streetsaver) a plus
- Strong written and communication skills required
- Experience in performing pavement distress surveys is a plus
- Experience in performing Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD) analysis is a plus
Project to Senior Level Geotechnical Engineers
- GMU has immediate openings for Project to Senior level Geotechnical Engineers. GMU is a unique award-winning firm with over 50 years of history in providing geotechnical engineering and engineering geology, pavement engineering, structural engineering, civil engineering, forensic engineering, construction management, and materials observation & testing services, with many projects combining multiple disciplines to help deliver some of the most recognized projects in Orange County, California. GMU offers a highly competitive salary & bonus package, a flexible family-like atmosphere, and an opportunity to work on a vastly diverse range of projects – i.e., public works, large mass grading projects, roads, bridges, commercial buildings, hotels, landslides, harbors, dams and reservoirs, etc. Strong client contact experience and ability to be a team leader required.
Project Geotechnical Engineer
- Perform and/or oversee simple to moderate level geotechnical engineering evaluations
- Manage geotechnical projects in both design and construction
- Masters in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- 2-4+ years experience
- PE required
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Oversee complex geotechnical engineering evaluations
- Manage complex geotechnical projects in both design and construction
- Client development and marketing
- Manage staff engineers and other supporting personnel
- Masters in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- 5-10+ years experience
- PE and GE required
Please send your resumes in confidence to email@example.com for consideration.